Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #1
EmilyRose

K10D display not working

I turned my camera on one day, and the display simply wouldn't work. Not just the play back, but any of the settings info either. I've tried changing the batteries and card, but neither helped.

01-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
A similar issue occured with my k-x after a fairly bad drop. I never bothered to get it fixed because it was several years old and I had recently upgraded to a k5, however one afternoon I decided to pull the cameras casing apart in the off chance that that the damage might be visable and fixable. I found that the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the circuit board had jolted out of its socket. After putting it back in and reassembling the casing the camera and LCD powered up without a problem and is still working fine after 6 or so months. Certainly wouldn't recommend pulling pulling apart your camera though, a mistake or slip of the hand could do some serious damage, but yeah just a thought as to what it might be.