Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
MarkAndOlivia

DS2 error - AV flashing

All of a sudden, when using the older Pentax lenses (not auto focus) when I turn the camera on, all I get is the battery indicator and the AV flashing on the LCD screen. Nothing else works (menus come up but cannot take a picture or initiate the flash). If I take the lense off, the display comes up with everything as it should. We bought this camera as it will take all the older lenses (we have numerous macros, telephotos, fixed portraits, doublers, and triplers). Has been working great with these lenses up until now. Anyone got any advice????

02-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did the custom settings get reset? You need to allow use of the aperture ring in order to use older lenses without the 'A' setting. Also, manual lenses can only be used in M mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: