Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Bill Ski

K10D LCD Replacement

Any tips on replacing LCD on a K10D Dropped my camera and LCD looks like a broken window when turned on with no picture or information.

02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Honestly it would be a lot cheaper and easier replacing the camera then trying to repair it. You can find K10/K20 bodies fairly cheap in the marketplace these days.
03-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #3

Well, when you have new LCD, with disassembly instruction(rather easy to find) it shouldn't be a big problem to replace it. If you do something wrong sell demaged camera and have couple of $ from it.
09-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
wgroves

kd10

Flash problem with kd10. I have a dedicated flash for the camera,(pentax 360) however when I take the picture it appears it does not have enough light. The pictures come out black and yellow. the flash did fire, but the picture comes out the same.

The flash system in the camera set at 0.0/ I have changed the aperture and the sensitivity but the problem exists

09-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wgroves Quote
Flash problem with kd10. I have a dedicated flash for the camera,(pentax 360) however when I take the picture it appears it does not have enough light. The pictures come out black and yellow. the flash did fire, but the picture comes out the same.

The flash system in the camera set at 0.0/ I have changed the aperture and the sensitivity but the problem exists
You should start a new thread with some samples (make sure that all EXIF info is intact) so that we can take a look and hopefully figure out the problem

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #6

For he OP - it would be cheaper and easier to find a replacement camera - DSLR are kind of tricky taking apart. Lucky for you, if the top lcd is working, then you can set your settings, and maybe get a remote trigger and use it as a time-lapse camera.

For the other poster, it sounds like you have not synced the shutter speed with the flash. Do you have it in PTTL? What is your shutter speed? Is the camera reading the flash? It may fire, but it may not be giving the data. first simple check, press the light button for the top LCD - does the flash light up?