Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
chivy

pentaxkx

will not turn on , if it does , it will take 1 photo, then stop. replaced batteries, checked card.

03-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What kind of batteries are they? NiMh rechargeables? Alkalines? Ni-Cd? What brand?

I sold a woman a Pentax *istDS once. She called with a very similar complaint to yours, and I knew something was amiss with the batteries. As it turns out, she was using cheap regular AAs, which don't work well at all. Lithium or good NiMh rechargeables and a good charger are what you need. Some NiMh rechargeable batteries I've found work well are Energizers, Kodaks, and the best of the bunch are Eneloops. Don't use a 15 minute quick charger, or you'll burn up the batteries. Get a good charger that charges over the course of an hour or more. I use a Maha MH-C801, available here.

Last edited by GibbyTheMole; 03-01-2013 at 07:19 AM.