Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #1
holly

help with Penttax istD

I have the above mentioned camera and it suddenly won't shoot pictures on any setting except moving object. The shutter simply won't release. Moving object used to work fine for just about anything, but now when I take scenic outdoor photos they turn out too bright and washed out. This never used to happen. Moving object still works when I'm shooting live concerts, but that's about it. Did I press a wrong button somewhere or is the camera essentially kaput?

03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by holly Quote
I have the above mentioned camera and it suddenly won't shoot pictures on any setting except moving object. The shutter simply won't release. Moving object used to work fine for just about anything, but now when I take scenic outdoor photos they turn out too bright and washed out. This never used to happen. Moving object still works when I'm shooting live concerts, but that's about it. Did I press a wrong button somewhere or is the camera essentially kaput?
Holly,

Can you give us some information regarding your camera? Specifically, can you tell us the information from the front of the lens? Also, try removing the batteries overnight.
03-05-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by holly Quote
Right, knowing the lens model would be great. Please also post some samples straight from the camera, as that might help us diagnose the problem (you need an account to upload).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
i used to have that camera. i too want to know what lens is on there.