Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
Debra S.

White Screen

When I turn on my pentax wg-1 all I get is a white screen. I have removed the battery, cleaned it with dry cloth, made sure there was no moisture in the camera and removed the sd card and tried a new one. I get what screen even without an sd card and it won't show modes etc.

04-24-2013, 01:33 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Debra
Have you tried another battery?
I trust the camera is not connected to your PC when you're checking this?
Good luck!
02-23-2014, 09:18 AM   #3

did you ever get this solved. I have just bought a new WG-10 to go snowboarding and after just 1 day i had the same error and definitely did not freeze it , submerge it or drop it ..
many thanks
02-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #4

The white screen could be a an issue with the display...
Does it take pictures?If the screen stays white, and it sounds like it is snapping off shots and you can get pictures off the card, it could be a display problem.

Then you need to decide how comfortable you feel about opening it up, or if you want to send it off. I opened up a broken W90, and it was not so bad, and I was able to keep the weather sealing in tact so I could submerge it. The issues I ran into were with the charge of the flash, which can shock you. If it is your display you would need to get a new one...