Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #1
Michail

GX20/K20D AE-Lock button jammed

Hi and thanks for checking my post.

I just bought a used GX20 (K20D clone) and noticed that the Auto Exposure Lock Button is permanently jammed. It seems like the camera has been knocked there and the button got stacked inside.

Aside that, the camera works fine and I would really like to keep, so I was wondering if there is a way to somehow deactivate the AE-Lock.

Thank you,

Michail

05-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The camera will probably need to be taken apart. Not an awfully hard repair I'd say, though getting parts for a gx20 is a different story.
05-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #3

Thanks Adam,

I am not really bothered about repairing the AE-Lock button, I can happily live without.

But having an unreliable exposure in all except the Auto mode is a big no-no

If anyone has any suggestion please share it. I understand its a shot in the dark but hey, you never know.

Regards.
06-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi, what have you tried to fix it, short of opening the camera, and can you supply a close-up photo perhaps?

06-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If the plastic is deformed around the button, maybe trim around it with an x-acto knife? A dental pick may help too, hard to say without a picture.
06-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
If the plastic is deformed around the button, maybe trim around it with an x-acto knife? A dental pick may help too, hard to say without a picture.
+1, if there is no obvious indication of external damage, it might be just some grime around the button keeping it down, I had something like that with the shutter button on my K-x, and after a few squirts of lubricating switch cleaner, it popped out again...