Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
MMarv

ME Super Lens

Is there a Pentax digital camera on which my collection of ME Super (film) camera lens
would fit?

06-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Any lens fitting on the ME Super will fit at every Pentax DSLR with K mount. The focal length of a lens is independend from film/sensor format, but the angle of view with APS-C is smaller. It roughly gives you a crop factor of 1.5x (the AOV of a 50mm lens will provide the same image on APS-C as a 75mm lens would give you on the ME Super).

Lenses prior to the Pentax A-series (K and M series lenses) will need stop down metering, but no problem. And with these lenses you cannot use matrix metering and p-TTL flash automatic.
But also this should not be a big problem. It reduces the possibilities in metering and flash automatic to about the same you had with the ME Super.

EDIT:
There can be a minor problem with some 3rd party lenses of that time, which were designed by reverse engineering instead by buying a licence from Pentax. Some lenses have a protecting flange for the aperture lever which is too long for bodies prepared for either power zoom or HDM lenses, and some Ricoh lenses have a pin which can get stuck in the AF mechanism of Pentax AF bodies. All these problems can be solved. Ask in this forum, or search for the many threads covering these subjects.

Last edited by RKKS08; 06-02-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Some additional info
06-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All legacy K-mount Pentax film lenses (K, M, A, F, & FA's) will fit any digital Pentax body. Legacy M42 lenses can also be used with an adapter ... J
06-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Is there a Pentax digital camera on which my collection of ME Super (film) camera lens
would fit?
If your collection of ME Super lenses will attach to K-30, K-5, K-5II (& IIs), K-01 bodies but will not support the various automatic functions that these current bodies have. You can also attach to many earlier Pentax digital bodies. If any of your K mount lenses are not Pentax branded, they may also fit but may need some tweaks (as listed in other forum threads). To use manual focusing with the new bodies can be fun but can also be a little easier with 'focus peaking' as in the K-01 mirrorless body.