Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #1
Nichole

super program to digital

I might sound kinspda stupid, but am fairly new to the world of slr/ dslr cameras... Resently I had just a basic camera(zd710 kodak). Long story short keys scratched the lense metioned it at my uncles and he gave me my grandmas camera because he had no clue how to use it at all. I can work the basics of the super program, and she had quiet a few extra lenses. Easy enough to figure out focusing and exposures. But facing facts film is expensive as heck to develop anymore, digitals like only $0.10 a picture to print. Really like the way my patex operates would love to up to digital, but don't know if any of my lenses will fit on newer cameras. So question is: can my lenses that fit my super program work wit any newer cameras if so which ones?

06-11-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to the PF ... all "K-mount" lens will fit on modern Pentax DSLR's ... could list or send photos of what lenses you have ... do not hesitate to ask more questions ... J

All of these lenses will fit (except for the "M42" style lenses which require an adapter) - Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database & Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database
06-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #3

Welcome

Many of us have made that transition from Film to Digital...for me it's as recent as February. Still have my Program + (one model below the Super) and all of my old lenses - and many of the members here were Pentax film users too.

Since you have a Super Program, you probably have "A" lenses - all you have to do is focus yourself with those. "M" ones you have to do a little more work to get them to meter properly, but it's not that difficult. Search in this forum and you'll learn how.

And, I currently use a Pentax flash that was bought to be used on a SuperProgram (in manual or in Auto mode, not TTL) so that's useable as well.
06-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

You're going to have a lot of fun when you make the transition to digital. You don't need a new camera either, you can look for a used one and save some money. Keep an eye on the Marketplace here so you know what different models typically sell for.