Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
Miro

Pentax P30 lense question

Hi guys,
I am glad I can post a question as a guest. I use Nikkon FE2 for my shootings, but I have old P30 with Takumar 28-80mm lens on a shelf. I gave it to my girlfriend who is interested in learning the film cameras. But we do not know if Takumar lense is ok for Aperture priority program on P30. Basically we do not know if we set it to A mode, what apperture does the camera use then? I noticed that in bright light it uses the same exposure time as if the apperture was the widest, but under some other darker conditions this does not apply. Would anybody know?
In addition to this, is the P mode designed to just select apperture and exposure will be autoselected by the camera?
Many thanks for your help and sorry if my questions seem amateur - they are, since we are just real learners.
Thanks a lot!

06-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Pentax P3/P30 - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

The P30 does not support Aperture priority mode. On the A setting the camera picks both aperture and shutter speed. Off the A setting the operator picks both.
06-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #3
Miro

thanks

Thanks very much for this! I have checked the manual and K-lenses /like Takumar/ do not support any other than fully manual mode on P30. So we will have to learn it old school style first
06-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter

There are two sorts of Takumar lens. Most are M42 screw mount and they will only be useable in manual mode with stop down metering.

The other sort of Takumar lens is K mount and are the bargain line at pentax. You probably have this one: Takumar-A 28-80mm F3.5-4.5 Reviews - Non-SMC Pentax Zoom Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database and it is perfectly capable of program automation on your P30, as well as aperture or shutter priority on more capable bodies. Any k mount lens with an A setting is.