Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #1
Eric Adamse

SMC Pentax-M 35mm F2.0 with sticky blades

Just got this lens back after I sold it regretly 5 years ago, it only got one problem: the diaphragmblades do not close quick enough when shooting what causes overexposure.

Googling around learns me this is a specific lack of this lens, so there must be a lot of experience in solving this. Is the problem caused by grease in the blades, is it a spring that fails? Blades look clean to me.

Can I repair it myself or should I better bring it to a service center?

I live in Utrecht / Holland.

Thanks!

06-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have an M35/2.8 with the same problem... I believe you have to dismantle the lens, clean the oil and put some greasse. It is easy if you have expirience in assemble/dessamble lenses... I got mine for cheap and the repair is expensive so I canīt justify for the moment but I would for that lens...
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Eric Adamse

Lens cleaning

I payed 50 euros for it, I suppose servicing will cost more.... So I can try to disamble and clean it myself.

Has anyone some experience in doing this?
06-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For what that lens is worth Iīd seriously consider sending it to a professional... It will cost you about the same as you payed for it and that is still a great price. Better even for a "new" lens after a technician takes care of it.

06-22-2013, 01:52 AM   #5
Eric Adamse

fungus

The lens has some fungus too, in bright light at full aparture it's terrible soft. Shining with a bright LED light through the lens I notice a bit milky glass... It might be fungus, it might be grease. I will take your advice and bring it to a professional for servicing.