Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
sned777

Optio RZ18 Zoom Issue

Was on holiday recently, and after 4/5 days I began to have issues with the zoom.

I know that initially, the zoom worked fine, as I took a video where I zoomed in and out in the same clip, but at some point, something has become a little faulty.

I can still zoom in, but I cannot zoom out again. If I zoom in to take a photo, the only way to zoom out is to turn off the camera and turn it back on again. When viewing and cropping photos, I can zoom in, and still press OK to reset to the normal settings, but not zoom out manually.

The button which is used to take photo's is also slightly slanted (if I was looking at the camera from behind - at the screen essentially - the button slopes up to the right slightly).

It's not a massive fault, and I can still use the camera, but it's pretty annoying and some help would be much appreciated.

07-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Unfortunately, these p&s cameras are pretty fragile and such issues are common. If you still have warranty, I'd send the camera in. Otherwise, it might be time for a different camera (from a different brand perhaps, as Pentax currently has no replacement)

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
sned777

Cheers, I got it last September after having my previous one stolen in Turkey, so should be able to do something proactive still.