Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Donnie Stahlke

missing pics

My Pentax K 200 seems to not want to keep any photos... I took many pics this week and when I went to upload to computer, nothing happened. When I checked the photo recall on the camera it displayed "no images". I proceeded to take several photos and tried again and again upload didn't register and camera reported, "no images". When I went to erases images, the photos that I just took would show up under the guise of removal. What is going on? I love my camera...

08-05-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Donnie,
Are you shooting RAW or jpeg?

Check that the 'lock' tab on the side of the card is in the 'unlocked' position, I doubt that is the problem but check it.

Do you have access to another SD card for testing? If so try taking a few test shots with a new card to make sure the camera is working OK.

If the images you took are valuable to you then you will want to set that card aside and do your testing on a different card. It is possible that the images can be recovered using recovery software but if you format the card or do anything else to it that makes recovery harder or impossible to recover. I have used Recuva with success: Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download

If the images are not of value (or you have a second card) put it in the camera and in the menu select 'Format' this will re-format the card (AND PERMANENTLY DELETE ALL FILES) so don't do this unless you don't want the pictures.
After you have done a format, take a few test shots and check to see if they are there, if so then the problem was the card. if not then problem might be with the camera.

Good luck!