Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2013, 01:12 AM   #1
CAP

Reddish tint or coloring in viewfinder

How do I get rid of the reddish tint in the viewfinder of my Penax Optio A30 camera?

09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Um, was the tint always there, or did it appear? Is it visible in the photos, too?

You can look in the manual or menus to see if this camera has a "screen calibration" option. If the tint is in the photos, try editing white balance or changing the jpeg processing mode.
09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

I do own an Optio A30 and an Optio A40. I bought both of them used.

Since short after I bought the A40 three years ago, the LCD LiveView started to flicker between correct colours and a very strong magenta cast. It happens only with very low light.
At first I thought it to be a problem with the LCD display - but it also shows in pictures and movie clips, so it may be the sensor.
As I said, it happens only if I would have to use flash or a tripod anyway.

I already checked whether it depends on battery health - it doesn't. If I have time, I will try a full reset (but not before I write down all the many custom settings I have done).

It could be a hardware problem with the sensor itself, or the controlling circuits of it. But as the white balance is applied to the LCD image, too, there could also be a firmware problem for very low (and mostly artifical) light.

It seems the OP faces the same problem.

@Na Horuk:
The Optio A models don't offer display calibration (and there is no optical viewfinder).