Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2013, 08:14 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The only other thing I can think of is do you have any digital filters on? Like bleach bypass or inverted color? I'm sure that's a long shot since you said you tried RAW as well. But the only other alternative is the camera has developed a fault.

10-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
Pentaxian

I've only ever seen something like this on my Canon S1 IS. The sensor in that camera (and several others) would underexpose and display wonky purple crap like this if the sensor was subject to too much humidity - it had to be sent in for service.
That operation was covered under a service advisory, unfortunately no such advisory exists for an *ist D. The cost of the repair (a new sensor, if they have one) will easily rival the cost of a new camera. It looks like time to upgrade.

Last edited by Mock; 10-01-2013 at 02:37 PM.
10-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #18

Here are the photos properly loaded.
You can see the sun is very dark with a blue halo around it.
And general colour distortion.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX *ist DL  Photo   
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Interesting & colorful effect, but I would guess that your sensor is gone. My *istD is still hanging in there, but these cameras are 10 yrs old & they could give out at any time. I agree with some others here - the cost of repair is going to be too high, so it's probably time for a newer camera.