Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Patsye

Pentax Kx won't turn on

I read every thread on the Internet trying to determine the cause of my camera not turning on. The worst part is that nothing can be adjusted on the camera UNLESS it's on. So pushing buttons while turning it on didn't do anything. So I jumped to the obvious and changed out the batteries several times, the last time cleaning the connectors in the battery housing with a Q-tip (after someone recommended using a pencil eraser which I didn't have) and BOOM - working camera. Grease on connectors? Who knows. But just one connection not working obviously can shut down the whole process.

01-25-2014, 10:13 AM   #2
Jimmy A

Camera doesn't turn on? Clean the battery connectors!

My camera suddenly stopped working after I had turned it off from shooting pictures at a basketball game. Went I went to turn it back on nothing happened. I tried repeatedly to turn it on, exchanged batteries, but nothing worked. I was thinking it was in need of new firmware update, but could not get that far since the camera would not turn on to take the new firmware. I happened across a thread stating to clean the battery connectors and tried that and it turned on immediately once I put the same batteries back in! If your camera is not working try this - take out the batteries, get a few Q-tips, and get a bottle of alcohol. With the battery compartment empty and open, take the cap off the bottle of alcohol, fill the cap with alcohol, dip the Q-tips in the alcohol so they are damp but not dripping, and clean the battery connectors on both ends of where the batteries go. Clean it several times to make sure you have done an adequate job. Give it a few minutes to dry completely, then insert the batteries. Hopefully this will work and solve your problems. Good luck!
01-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Thanks mate. Got my KM working again.

Last edited by Peter Anson; 01-27-2014 at 06:44 AM.
02-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #4

heres trick from 1981 an old photographer told me.. take a piece of tinfoil and scratch the connectors,, ir use a sharp object to give it a scratch... i cant count how many times i have had to do this on a camera or a flash or a flashlight or anything that has batteries its like a film develops over the connectors.. good luck

02-17-2014, 08:38 AM   #5

thanks for the tip colorful, will try ofn mine today