Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 03:48 AM   #1
Austeja

Panic! my pentax stopped working

Hello. I have a bit more than half a year old barely used pentax K1. I turned it on this morning to check on a battery before going out to shoot and suddenly- it does not take pictures. it shows F--, blinking red in the bottom of the screen. it displays pictures. but does not take them. does not film either. I changed the lens, took out battery and memory card and put them back in. nothing. F--. what could it mean? What should i do about it? where do i find a pentax service in Copenhagen (if I need it)?

10-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This happens when your lens aperture is set to anything but the automatic feature. Are you using a lens with an aperture ring? If so set it to the 'a' position and turn it off and then back on. Also if you are using a manual aperture lens you need to enable that from the menu. Typically it is the option to enable ring control or something like that. It is in your menu and typically is the very last option in the whole menu and needs to be set to '2'. Last thing you need to do is ensure that your lens has clicked and locked in. Those should help.
10-08-2013, 05:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One last thing, make sure your aperture contacts are clean on both the body and lens.