Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #1
Tiffany

Lost aperture contact how can I fix

one of the little aperture contacts on my zoom lens popped off. it looks like the newer ones are just glued on. Is there any self fix or do I need to take it in and have it repared?? Since it's gone it wont even register with the base and makes the camera unusable with that lens. HELP!

10-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If this is a Pentax DSLR, the contacts are not glued on. They are a small metal ball that is held in place by a spring loaded contact from within the lens. If you no longer have the contact then it will need to be sent in for repair. It's not horribly complicated if you have the tools and parts but if you are not experienced in lens repair, best to send it in for repair.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aperture, camera, lens, pentax help