Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
J.Wheeler

uploading with Windows 7

the software disk that came with the camera is for Windows XP. What other program can I use to upload photos with a Windows 7 computer?

11-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you're talking about transferring your photos from your camera to your PC, the easiest solution is to use a usb card reader. Just plug it in, insert your memory card, and copy/paste or drag & drop your photos to your pc with the file explorer/manager. This bypasses any connectivity issues with the camera & no software is needed. Good luck & welcome to the forums.
11-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
the software disk that came with the camera
You don't state what model of camera you have, but most software that installs in XP will install in Windows 7 without any issues, and if problems are detected while installing the program, Windows 7 will suggest using XP compatibility settings. You really shouldn't have any problems.
11-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I agree with Paul. I quit using any camera makers software when Kodak and Canon software had a fight on my system. I never even tried to load the Pentax software. I use a $1 card reader that I plug in the card to and then insert in a USB port.

11-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If you only want to copy files from the camera to a computer, you usually don't need additional software. Your camera will be recognized as a hard disk and you can copy the files in a familiar way; the same will apply if you use use a card reader.
11-08-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Gentlemen we had a lazy person who logged in as guest, asked a question and left. We aren't even sure if the troubleshooting tips we provide, he would actually read them? I have my doubts.

Why I call him lazy - First of all, look at the sentence - It is just one line with no description. Secondly he is a guest, how much time does it take to become a member?

Just my thoughts
11-08-2013, 05:59 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Why so negative?

The description is actually sufficient (except for lack of camera make / model);I've seen a lot worse
And do you become a member of the pharmacist, grocery store or whatever at your first time shopping there?

11-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Since Guest hasn't returned, let me speculate. His/her software CD is for Windows XP, so the camera is up to 10 years old and he/she just got it. He/she tried Google before trying to install the software, hence ended up in PentaxForums (top result for most queries with Pentax as a keyword). After posting a question without registering, he/she decided to try to install the software and discovered that it installed in Windows 7 without problems. If Guest is reading these replies, please come back, even if you inherited a 10 year old point and shoot camera. there is still good advice to be found here.
11-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Replied to a wrong thread.

P.S. Did not mean to be negative. It was just my honest opinion.