Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #1
Ole Odder

K-mount trouble

Hi

I have found a third party zoom lens called Travenar. It works fine on my K5, but I cannot disconnect it. When I press the button I can turn the lens counterclockwise as usual, but I cannot separate the lens from the camera! Please help.

11-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A picture of the lens, especially any information printed on it would help. You might have to sign up for an account to post pictures though.

Post anything that is printed on the lens, on the body or on the front. I have a good guess what is wrong but need to confirm.
11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Odder Quote
Hi

I have found a third party zoom lens called Travenar. It works fine on my K5, but I cannot disconnect it. When I press the button I can turn the lens counterclockwise as usual, but I cannot separate the lens from the camera! Please help.
Likely it was a ricoh/pentax mount with the ricoh pin that gets stuck in the AF screw connection. Try engaging and disengaging af as you give it a turn
11-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
Ole Odder

On the front is printed: Travenar MC 1:4.0-5.6 f=60-300mm No. 6780810 62ø AUTO ZOOM

On the aparture ring is printed: (A)P.22 16 ... 4 KR

Left to the (A)P is a little pin.

If you need pictures let me know.

Thanks for helping.

11-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

KR is the key. It is a ricoh K-mount and these often have an additional pin that gets stuck in the screwdrive slot of newer cameras.

It will come off but it might take some work. Try wiggling the lens off as you move the camera lever from auto focus to manual focus and back. You can also try an automotive feeler gauge to lift the pin.

Do a search on this forum for "ricoh pin" and you will find numerous posts about it.
11-12-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
Ole Odder

Hip hip hurra - it worked!

More thanks for helping :-)
11-12-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Glad you got it sorted. In many cases that pin can be removed so you can use the lens. Should be a number of threads on how to do that.

01-23-2014, 11:22 AM   #8

I had the same problem with a different lens and this helped me out too. Thanks!
01-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jamogafanny Quote
I had the same problem with a different lens and this helped me out too. Thanks!
You are welcome, and welcome to the forum as well. Hope you stick around.
02-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You are welcome, and welcome to the forum as well. Hope you stick around.
Jatrax,

Where were you (and this forum) when I did that exact same thing?! You could have saved me $75 and lots of humiliation. Ha! I now have all of my Ricoh lens stashed away, which really lends itself to the whole debacle not happening again.
02-10-2014, 02:39 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JDelaware Quote
I now have all of my Ricoh lens stashed away, which really lends itself to the whole debacle not happening again.
There is a good write up on how to non-destructively remove the pin here: theatre of noise: Ricoh Lenses On Pentax Cameras -- The Ricoh Pin Fix

And welcome to the forum. Have a look around at the article section and the lens database, there is so much Pentax information here.
02-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JDelaware Quote
Jatrax,

Where were you (and this forum) when I did that exact same thing?! You could have saved me $75 and lots of humiliation. Ha! I now have all of my Ricoh lens stashed away, which really lends itself to the whole debacle not happening again.
Only a few Ricoh lenses, or third party lenses, are a danger. Removal of the 'Ricoh' pin is a completely unnecessary step for most lenses.