Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Francisco Paolillo

Flash with wireless control for Pentax K-r

Dear friends,
I have a Pentax Kr and would like to use two external flashes (yongnuo 560II) triggered by radio waves. The Yongnuo has several models, but do not know which could be used in my camera. Do not know if it's possible or not, I would count on the experience of you and I will make the best choice.
Thank you,
Francisco Paolillo

11-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Some people use the RF-603N with Pentax, the earlier ones had problems but I believe that was corrected. I use the RF-602, but they had an issue with syncing beyond 1/125 reliably unless modified. The most trouble free option is probably the Cactus V5.
11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I have used Cactus V2 triggers for the past five years and they have been very reliable and trouble free. I've used them with Fuji S-9500, Pentax K-r and Pentax K-30. I have used setups with up to six flashes triggered by one transmitter.

The only issue I have ever encountered is a minor one - if the receivers are too close to eachother they will sometimes falsely trigger eachother, that is they fire without you having pressed the shutter. I find this happens quite often when they are closer than about two feet but very rarely if they are more than four feet apart.
11-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another +1 for the Cactus v5 triggers. I use them with a variety of flashes and they have worked reliably for over two years. They are not the cheapest, but at $60 for the pair, certainly not expensive either.

Cactus Wireless Flash Transceiver V5 Duo - Gadget Infinity

11-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Site Supporter

I have a set of NPT-04 triggers that came with 1 transmitter that mounts to the hot shoe and two receivers that trigger the flashes. Used them all the time with my K-r (and then my K-30) to trigger a Yongnuo 560-II as well a some ancient Minolta flash I had from 30 years ago.
11-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I appreciate all the posts, but continuity with doubts and recently posted more specific questions. I would use YongNuo a matter of price. Products from China are more accessible to Brazilians. Manufactured in other countries are almost inaccessible by the high taxes we pay to our government, unfortunately. My doubts are primary and I want to concentrate on Yongnuo brand.
Thank you,
Paolillo