Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
visitor1001

Optio WG-2 SD Memory Max Size?

Hi guys,

I bought a black Optio WG-2 last Christmas. My adventure began first in the user guide trying to answer one simple question- "What is the maximum size SD Card the Optio WG-2 will take?" I cannot find the answer to this question in any shape or form in any of the printed Pentax documentation. If anyone is able to point out to me where I've overlooked this I would not feel foolish but grateful as this "adventure" for me has become stupid, frustrating, and a complete waste of time. (5-6 hrs literally, and I'm not an idiot!) (If there's an easy answer to this then the universe has been playing a grand game of testing me, I've literally hit every resource I've been able to find- pentax docs, review sites, misc links in searches going to forum content.)

I wrote Pentax a couple months ago, that took awhile to even find a way to reach them (no idea why then, right now it looks pretty easy), then they replied- 16GB is max. Ok, finally, didn't care the answer, finally have it. Then, just this weekend I'm looking at the Amazon page to buy the camera (as I'm off searching for info to get a 16GB SD card), and I come across two people in the comments taking about what they like and dislike about their 32GB SD card in the Optio WG-2.

32?

Is there anyone here at PentaxForums that knows the actual authoritative answer, or, from experience could verify how large a size they have used in this camera?

Thanks to everyone whom has read this post (really appreciate it.)

12-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The WG-2 supports SDXC cards, which is the current SD standard. So, anything you buy should be compatible- even if it's a 256Gb card 32gb will definitely work.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-15-2013, 02:28 PM   #3
visitor1001

Adam- thank you for your reply. Hmmmm..... ok, I think I see what you're saying. Found that- SD, SDHC, and SDXC is supported for the Camera (found this right away.) So, talking this way, the camera is going to support -whatever- memory amount that SDXC will support. Interesting. First run into working with these memory cards, didn't expect this result. Adam, thanks again for the reply, really appreciate it.