Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
terryb.

k mount

Will the older model K mount lenses fit the newer k mount camera ? I have the old sears ( made by pentex ) camera + lenses and would like to upgrade the camera.

12-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes!

Hello terryb, welcome to the forum!
Yes, virtually every lens marked 'P, P-K or 'P-K-A' will mount and work on the DSLR bodies. Here's a guide for enabling manual focus lenses, it's a one-time menu adjustment. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html Hope this helps,
Ron
12-30-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To add to rbefly's response

Some non-Pentax lenses have the dreaded Ricoh pin that can get stuck in the screw drive if the camera body. I'm not saying that this applies to yours, but do some research if the mount of the lens has a pin sticking out. The pin can be removed.

Another point to pay attention to is the size of the aperture lever protection shield. Some lenses have a big shield that will prevent the lens from being turned completely into the camera mount. You can do some surgery on those as well.
12-30-2013, 11:38 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As your Sears is a Pentax, you should have no problems at all with the DSLR line. I, for example, still use a screw mount Takumar 55mm f/1.8 with an adapter on my DSLR.