Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #1
rizwan

automatic deletion

Hello,
i have a pentax optio 8.0 mega pixel camera and i am facing a very unusual problem. When i connect my camera with laptop or pc via usb or sd card the photos of the camera gets deleted automatically and the laptop shows empty sd card and image folder and when i disconnect it and open my camera to view the pictures it shows 'no image/sound' message.all of my pictures are deleted automatically.
I kindly request you to resolve my camera problemas soon as possible.

01-02-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sounds like you have your computer set up to import the pictures into a folder somewhere in it and auto delete them. Check to make sure of your settings on the computer itself or try it with a different computer.
01-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Sounds like you have your computer set up to import the pictures into a folder somewhere in it and auto delete them
+1 on that, do a hard drive wide search for your images by their extension (pef, dng, jpeg) and find out where they're lurking.
01-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+2

Definitely does not sound like a camera problem. You might also have some kind of virus.