Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Phoneman Quote
Want to advance from a point and shoot to a dslr. Wondering if the K30 would be a good choice? Thank you for your feedback.
Phoneman

Yes, it is a fine choice. However, it, or any other DSLR, will not be any better than a point & shoot if you treat it like a point & shoot. In other words, take the camera off AUTO, and learn to take control of the picture taking process. YOU are primarily responsible for how well your pictures look, not the camera. That takes conscious effort on your part to force the camera to take the picture the way you want it to.

When you buy a camera like a DSLR, you don't buy it for automation but for control. You don't buy it so that -it- can do it all, but so that -you- can do it all in the picture taking process.

04-12-2014, 02:16 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zekewhipper Quote
Yes, it is a fine choice. However, it, or any other DSLR, will not be any better than a point & shoot if you treat it like a point & shoot. In other words, take the camera off AUTO, and learn to take control of the picture taking process. YOU are primarily responsible for how well your pictures look, not the camera. That takes conscious effort on your part to force the camera to take the picture the way you want it to.

When you buy a camera like a DSLR, you don't buy it for automation but for control. You don't buy it so that -it- can do it all, but so that -you- can do it all in the picture taking process.

I've found I use my K-30 as though it were 40 years older than it is ;-) I don't meter, I use manual lenses, the only electronic control/dial bit I do is the ISO. And it works beautifully like that.