Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
rconway10

Video playback

Hi....I recorded an important family event with my pentax wg3 and when I went to play it back it was in super fast speed. Is there anything I can do with this video to make it normal speed during playback?

02-01-2014, 10:16 AM   #2

The only thing I can think of is to load it up into iMovie or another video editing program and slow it down. Usually you would do this to make it slow motion but in this case you would do this until you think it is at a normal speed. If for some reason the camera was filming incorrectly, there might be very low fps leading to a choppy look. If its just a problem with the playback this shouldn't be an issue.
For whichever video editing program you use, just research how to slow things down.
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
rconway10

Video playback

There is a time lapse movie function on the wg3 that plays back video in fast motion. Looks like I recorded my video with this feature. I am wondering if I can reverse this after the fact to playback at normal speed.
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM   #4

The problem is that normal video playback is around 30 frames per second. If you did the time-lapse at 1 picture per second, you would have to slow it down considerably in order to get it to a normal speed. It would be very choppy video that would not be easy to watch. You could try to get some freeze frames of this if you want, but any video that you do get would not be very watchable.

Sorry about this and hope this helps!

02-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #5

I am pretty sure you are duped... but on the upside get into your video editting program and do some funky work to make it usable... sometimes a bad video is better than no video..