Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2014, 02:50 AM   #1
Klebe

Instant display from Kx to PC

Hi, looking for some help and advice.
I'm trying to make a photo-booth for my daughters wedding because they are so expensive to hire. I have made the enclosure and fixed a mounting bracket for my Pentax Kx to sit on. So far so good.
The camera will be triggered using a remote control and so far everything I've done is working fine.

Now, the problem.
I would like to either let the occupants of the booth see a preview of the picture they are about to take, (which I don't think is possible with the Kx) or better still, and my preferred option, to show the image that they have just taken.
I want to do this by mounting a laptop in the booth and having a direct link from the camera to the pc so that their photo instantly shows up for, say 10 seconds, for them to have a look at it.

This is really way outside my skill set and I'd be grateful if anybody can tell me a way of doing it, or confirming that what I want to do is actually impossible.

Thanks for your help

Mike

02-24-2014, 03:06 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Klebe Quote
Hi, looking for some help and advice.
I'm trying to make a photo-booth for my daughters wedding because they are so expensive to hire. I have made the enclosure and fixed a mounting bracket for my Pentax Kx to sit on. So far so good.
The camera will be triggered using a remote control and so far everything I've done is working fine.

Now, the problem.
I would like to either let the occupants of the booth see a preview of the picture they are about to take, (which I don't think is possible with the Kx) or better still, and my preferred option, to show the image that they have just taken.
I want to do this by mounting a laptop in the booth and having a direct link from the camera to the pc so that their photo instantly shows up for, say 10 seconds, for them to have a look at it.

This is really way outside my skill set and I'd be grateful if anybody can tell me a way of doing it, or confirming that what I want to do is actually impossible.

Thanks for your help

Mike
It sound like you would be better off using a web cam attached to a computer, if you have Mac computer it comes with a photo booth software otherwise third party software for pc. Or this thread I found it may help your need https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/115736-pentax-kx...rt-webcam.html

Hope this help..
02-24-2014, 03:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought PK tether (the software) was compatible with the K-x?
02-24-2014, 06:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

PK_Tether does/should indeed work with the K-x. If high resolution isn't a requirement, you may also present your live view K-x LCD screen on a PC using the supplied AV-cable and a commercially availble Videograbber. I have made a small presentation of that technique here:

Live View on a PC?

02-24-2014, 06:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
PK_Tether does/should indeed work with the K-x. If high resolution isn't a requirement, you may also present your live view K-x LCD screen on a PC using the supplied AV-cable and a commercially availble Videograbber. I have made a small presentation of that technique here:

Live View on a PC?
Wow - thanks for sharing this! I think this is just what I am looking for instead of buying a field monitor.