Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
Linda

Help - lost pictures

Hi

Can anyone help? I have looked at my pictures on my laptop and deleted 2 or 3 but when I've gone back to the camera all the pictures I took on my holiday have disappeared. I've looked in the recycle bin on the laptop but nothing there. Is there any way to restore?? I'm so gutted to have lost them
Any advice welcome.
Thanks, Linda

04-23-2014, 10:06 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
Need to clarify some things first. Are you saying they disappeared from the laptop or the camera? If they are gone from the laptop, you may need a file recovery program. If they are gone from the camera (assuming it takes SD cards) there are utilities out there to recover files from cards as well. Good luck!
04-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

Recuva - Undelete, Unerase, File and Disk Recovery - Free Download <-- Here's a great program to get them back off of your SD card. Just don't take any more pics until you do.
04-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Try Pandora Recovery. Last sunday my sdcard file system error. Its force me format sdcard, after format i'll try Pandora. 164 picture recovered.

04-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Linda

lost pictures

thank you for your responses. Pictures lost from SD card, I will try program to recover...wish me luck!
04-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #6
Emperor and Senpai

It has worked for me before. Good luck, I know you can get them! Definitely post your results.
04-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #7
Pentaxian

The best recovery program I've used is Photorec.

PhotoRec - CGSecurity

You can check the drive on your laptop but be aware it will recover a lot more than just photos. It is also recommended that the recovered files are stored to a different drive than the one you are searching. On my SD card Photorec found and restored stuff I had deleted months prior and had being using the card since.