Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 12:29 AM   #1
fat fingers

remove SD card from a Pentax K5

I have never had this problem before. There is not a lot of room to grasp that tiny memory card after the access door is opened. after pressing the card toward its seated position to release it from the in use position, the card does spring out a bit. But after i manage to grasp both sides it seems stuck fast in its loading socket. No amount of pulling will free it. seems like something deep in the camera is refusing to let go. I hesitate to get pliers for a better grip, often when i do that - something usually breaks. I have reseated the card back into its operating position several times, then tried to remove it again. No change. Yes the label is facing the back of the camera. any ideas how else to retrieve an SD card?

05-18-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Try sliding a piece of index card or other thin object along the edges of the memory card. That might release whatever is stuck.
05-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Maybe try pushing it in again?
05-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You're not the first person who writes about this. You have to pull it straight out, if you haven't you need to wiggle it slightly. I got tiny fingers so I don't face this problem.

05-18-2014, 07:55 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try masking tape about 2" long, fold it in half and stick it to both sides of the card so that it forms a tab to pull on.
If you have to pull too hard, do as DeadJohn says and cut a piece of shirt box plastic the width of the card and slide it into the card slot on the same side of the contacts, then pull the card out.