Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
Ramsay

K10 memory card slot

My K10 has worked perfectly since I bought it some 6/7 years ago. Yesterday I removed the memory card uploaded the photos from it to my computer, as usual. When I tried to put the memory card back the slot just wouldn't accept it. It stopped about an eighth of an inch short of clicking home. i thought it must be round the wrong way but no. I tried another card - the same result. I tried both cards in another camera - no problem. I have peered into the slot with magnifying torch and can see absolutely no reason why this is happening. Please has anyone any ideas?

05-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sorry to hear that, my K10 has not had that problem. No problems so far.
It sounds like a mechanical failure of some type.
Unlikely to be worthwhile economically to repair, IMO.
It does sound like the latch is the issue, possibly it is has become frozen?
05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Or,,, try this if you still want to keep the K10D: download PKTether to a Windows computer, install it, connect the K10D to the computer and try some studio photos.
05-21-2014, 08:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ramsay Quote
My K10 has worked perfectly since I bought it some 6/7 years ago. Yesterday I removed the memory card uploaded the photos from it to my computer, as usual. When I tried to put the memory card back the slot just wouldn't accept it. It stopped about an eighth of an inch short of clicking home. i thought it must be round the wrong way but no. I tried another card - the same result. I tried both cards in another camera - no problem. I have peered into the slot with magnifying torch and can see absolutely no reason why this is happening. Please has anyone any ideas?
It sounds like a little something broke inside, maybe a spring. It is probably quite repairable, though the price might be more than you are willing to part with. Sorry

Steve

05-22-2014, 10:48 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Thanks for the suggestions. Its so frustrating because the slot looks clean and clear and exactly the same as a similar camera that i'm testing with. It's such a tiny but so far insurmountable problem that renders the camera useless.