Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #1
PeterGDC

color saturation adjustment on camera

I am on a steep learning curve with a new Pentax 5IIs. Please tell me if I can adjust color saturation on-camera for RAW as well JPG images, and if so, how? Also, would appreciate advice on changing basic picture tone from bright to natural. Thanks

06-07-2014, 10:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian

You can't adjust RAW in-camera. In old-school film terms it's the equivalent of the negative and the JPG's are the prints.

Use the software that came with the camera, or a third-party software like Lightroom, Aperture, etc. I believe there are also RAW developing applications free on-line.
06-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With the jpegs you can adjust it by pressing info and choosing another jpeg mode (vibrant, bright, landscape, etc.). If you press info again, you can adjust the profile itself.
With raw filed, you cannot adjust the raw in-camera (since its.. raw). But you can set up your raw editor software to automatically add saturation (or whatever else, lots of people have an extensive "default" profile that adjusts contrast, NR, sharpening, and colours)