Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
TeddyVerona

Camera cannot display this image

lease let me know what I can do to correct the problem when my K200 gives me the message above.
Thank you.

06-12-2014, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you have been only deleting photos from your card, once you get all the pics off do a format instead.
If it still gives errors then may be time to get a new card.
06-12-2014, 09:49 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This normally only happens for photos taken with a different camera, or if the file has been tampered with or corrupted. Try formatting your card after the next shoot and that should help!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TeddyVerona Quote
lease let me know what I can do to correct the problem when my K200 gives me the message above.
Thank you.
It can be enough just to put the SD-card into the computer and in the viewer on the computer change aspect ration from landscape to portrait to make this happen.

06-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This normally only happens for photos taken with a different camera, or if the file has been tampered with or corrupted. Try formatting your card after the next shoot and that should help!
This also happens if you shoot RAW+JPEG and delete photos on-camera until none are left. But yes, quickest solution is to format the card.
06-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TeddyVerona Quote
Thank you.
It can also occur if you edit the photos on the SD card using a computer (e.g., rotate from landscape to portrait orientation), then insert the SD card with the edited photos back in the camera and try to view them on the camera. I have done this accidentally after inserting the SD card into my computer and copying the photos to the hard drive -- I thought I was editing the copy on the hard drive but I was actually editing the one on the SD card. You probably can't correct it, but the good news is that the photos are unharmed. You can still view and edit the photos on your computer. Only the firmware on the camera is incapable of displaying it on the camera's screen.