Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
tskully

shutter stuck

I have a pentax ist D. When I turn it on, it sounds like the shutter is stuck. Non of the other features will turn on and it will turn it self off after 30 seconds. I am a HS photo teacher- no money to fix this camera- so any ideas on how I can fix this myself would be appreciated.

06-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Start with fresh batteries.
06-29-2014, 06:21 PM   #3
tlskully

I have new batteries in it. Its showing full battery
06-30-2014, 01:53 AM   #4

What kind of batteries are you using? I picked up an *ist D from a pawn shop that was doing the same thing with thier batteries. I tossed in a set of eneloops and a set of energizer rechargeable and it works fine. I also tried a set of CRV3's and they worked but didn't seem to last even a month.

One thing I have noticed is that sometimes when you just go from off to on it won't power up but if when you turn it on you go past the on setting to the DOF and back to on it comes right on.

06-30-2014, 04:19 AM   #5
tlskully

I have new rechargeable CRV3's in it. They are fully charged. I tried what you said and it just keeps running. I had taken it to Dodd camera and asked one of the employees. He thought the shutter was stuck and it wasnt worth sending it away to be fixed. Im trying to salvage it for my students. I've been reading this forum and there seems to be alot of good advice how to fix your cameras yourself.