Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2014, 11:14 AM   #1
Robert Holler

Pentax P50 shutter

I am a long time user of Me Super and recently bought on a car boot a nice P50. Put in batteries and all works fine except the shutter seems to be stuck on the manual 1:100 speed. No amount of fiddling with things has budged it.

Question is will it fix easily or need a dealer or should I just put it down to experience.

Advice appreciated.
Thanks

07-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
It seems that you have the camera set to X mode -- 1/100s is the flash sync speed. Have you tried setting it to a different mode?
07-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Robert Holler

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the various modes to no avail. The camera will set an appropriate exposure and varying the aperture gives an indication of a corresponding shutter speed. But...the speed does not alter.
I have deduced that it is stuck on the manual fixed1/100th setting , but as to a solution. I have also tried taking out the batteries and leaving it a while, which often works with recalcitrant electronics , but this one is stubbornly non co-operative.

Was hoping some genius somewhere could say all I have to do is unscrew this cover polish the wotsit and voila!.

Here's hoping....Robert