Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
William Shepard

LCD Monitor problem

My LCD monitor does not show anything, but the camera still takes pictures.

07-16-2014, 09:57 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Which camera? What happens when you press the play button, what happens when you press any button - does the display turn on?
07-17-2014, 12:45 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Try pressing the 'Info' button a couple of times.
07-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
William Shepard

Dr

The camera is a Pentax Optio E 10. I have tried pressing all the buttons, with no result. Perhaps there is some particular sequence required but I have not found it. It does not have a "play" button or an "info" button, or has these under other names. It has buttons for zooming, one with a triangle-like arrow (used to see previously taken pictures), a MENU button, a four-way controller, an OK button.

07-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
You have probably inadvertantly turned the lcd display off.
Presumably you don't have a manual to look up the menus...
Here is one for download...
Downloads & Literature - RICOH Imaging

good luck
07-20-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
William Shepard

LCD Monitor Problem

Thanks for advice and directing me to the manual, which is far more detailed than the one I have. Unfortunately, however, pressing the <OK> button does not make any difference. I should mention that the screen of the monitor is bright when the camera is turned on, but it has no images. This happened very quickly. It was OK, then I did something (i.e. pressed a button or turned the camera off) and there was a very faint image, then the next time no image at all. The batteries had recently been recharged.