Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2014, 06:43 AM   #1
Kelemen Arpad

Arpi

I have boughta new Canoscan 9000F Mark-II flatbed scanner under windows 8.1 and begin to use it. A short time after installation this message appairs: " A required file may have been deleted or damaged. Reinstall this software. I uninstall the entire package and reinstall again from the CD, but after a short time this message appairs again. (Sorry,I know english poor.)
Thanks for your answer.

08-15-2014, 07:02 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I don't know this scanner, so I haven't had your experience to work from. The only thing I can suggest is that you check for the latest version of the software that is designed to work with Windows 8.1, and install that. I imagine the Canon website would be the place to look, if you haven't done this already.
08-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does the printer automatically update itself? As in when the Pc updates driver files? Sorry I am not a pc tech and I do not know the technical terms, but it may be updating itself with a corrupt file and then you get get the error message.
Evidently my HP laptop updated driver files for one of my printers, ( concerning the Bluetooth and or wireless connection manager? At least that is what all my internet searches came up with and the result of it was a constant error box that said something about "incorrect parameter" and then the computer says that 'Windows Explorer needs to restart' and then the PC screen fades out, closes all your open programs and restarts windows explorer. I tried to reinstall updates and all that but ended up with my having to reset my laptop through the partition to factory settings.... Ugh. So far it is working well.