Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #1
Julie Coleman

IR filter

Hi, I have recently bought a IR filter but have not been able to get any good results. I am just a beginner to this sort of advanced photography, does anyone have any tips.
Thanks

08-19-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Julie Coleman Quote
Hi, I have recently bought a IR filter but have not been able to get any good results. I am just a beginner to this sort of advanced photography, does anyone have any tips.
Thanks
Shoot on sunny days, use a wide angle lens or focal length, and make sure that your IR filter really is an IR filter and not some fakery, and you should be able to achieve decent results.

Here is an excellent guide:

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2012/07/09/how-to-shoot-haunting-digital-i...d-photography/
08-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #3
Emperor and Senpai

Unless you've had a camera converted to full spectrum or IR then you will have to use live view for focusing, have it on a tripod, and then do a longer exposure. Your images will look a bit red, so set your white balance on a tree or grass, so your green will look like a white or light pink. Then using photochop swap the red and blue channels by setting blue to 100 and red to 0 in the red channel, and red to 100 and blue to 0 in the blue channel, then flatten the image, then do auto tone, then auto contrast. The results can be beautiful.