Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #16

I would pick the k3. Its a great camera. If you choose an entry levwl camera sooner or later you'll gona miss some features, as long as u want to go deep into photography

11-02-2014, 10:06 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I upgraded from the Pentax k-x to the k-3. The differences that have been useful for me are:

-8.3FPS vs the 4FPS - this was very important for when I was choosing action events
-Faster autofocus
-Two control wheels vs one control wheel + TAv mode: Now instead of using Av mode with auto-ISO, I can define my shutter speed when I do event photography and let the ISO float.
-The k-3 allows me to set up three user modes where I can make one mode into action events (different AF settings and JPEG), low light formal events (TAv mode, RAW, higher ISO maximum), etc.
-The back button AF makes tracking and autofocus much more controllable.
-The AF/MF switch, the RAW/Fx button, the video mode switch, all of those make changing modes much faster.
-The top panel allows me to keep the rear LCD off while giving me info on the settings. In addition, the top buttons for ISO/exposure adjustment allows for quick settings access compared to my k-x.
11-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Pro level, entry level are just designations given by marketing or reviewers. A beginner can start with a Hasselblad or WG 3. A pro can do well with a GoPro or a Nikon 810. They are just machines. Each camera has strengths and weakneses. (Price and size can be either strengths or weaknesses.)