Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
ez200

Problem taking picture with 50-500 Sigma APO DG lense

Was wondering why I can't take photo...meter is just flashing F--- and can't figure out why does anyone know what setting i must need to make to make this manual focus lense work....did before been while since used.

Thanks

09-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ez200 Quote
Was wondering why I can't take photo...meter is just flashing F--- and can't figure out why does anyone know what setting i must need to make to make this manual focus lense work....did before been while since used.

Thanks
Is the aperture ring set to "A"?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-08-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
ez200

Thanks Adam have a super day....Ross
09-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

sigma lens may have a tendency to have some loseness in attachment to camera body....if your lens is set to A, see if you get any change by slightly moving lens on body...i have in the past used aluminum foil as a shim on the non contact areas and that has fixed the problem...make sure it is in an area that has no connectivity spots between the camera and lens

cool looks like it was an easy fix

09-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
Thanks Adam have a super day....Ross
Happy days, sounds like Adam nailed it.
09-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Happy days, sounds like Adam nailed it.
Yep, though it is a shame that the OP probably still does not know what that vexing "F--" is all about. Just to make sure, I will add the following:

The key is in the "F--" message. This indicates that the camera is not able to detect a lens that supports aperture control by the body. Causes include (in order of likelihood):
  • Lens does not have the "A" contacts (no "A" position on aperture ring)
  • Aperture ring in other than the "A" position
  • Contacts (lens or body) need cleaning
  • Defective lens
  • Defective body

Steve