Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
debby

dropped camera

I have been using my camera all day and just now it fell off a low coffee table and landed on carpet, possibly hitting the wood of the table as it fell. I checked it out promptly and looked like everything was OK until I tried to take pics. All menus can be seen and camera acts as though it is fine but when I take pics, the screen is 100% black and nothing shows in the screen on back...also took out SD card and transfered several "black" pics! What could have happened to this perfectly working camera???I am SO upset!

10-25-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
jammed mirror?
10-25-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
jammed mirror?
Either that or some loose wiring inside the camera. Sorry to hear this!

Do you see anything in live view?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-25-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What camera?

I agree with the above but one thing to try. Take the lens off and reseat it. It may have gotten knocked loose or slightly out of alignment. If you have another lens, try it.

Hope it is something simple. Damage to a shutter or internal wiring will require professional repair.

10-25-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by debby Quote
What could have happened to this perfectly working camera???I am SO upset!
You dropped it of course..
But yes, which camera is it? No point in us giving you suggestions without knowing if it's a PnS or DLSR
10-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Oh dear, doesn't sound to good, I hope that one of the above suggestions helps, if not could be time to visit the friendly Pentax repair person.
11-01-2014, 04:27 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I dropped me lens lens of more prise than $ 2,000 but it worked! I wish that you and all was good!
11-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter

I hope Debby comes back & posts as to whether she got her camera working again, or not!

I would be absolutely sick if this happened to me.