Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 07:14 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Since you have the 5D (original), so the big wheel on the back acts like a rear dial on the k-5, correct?
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Well, you see the guys turn it while looking down at the LCD on the top of the camera

Not my idea of ergononics, but there you go.
The wheel on the back is used for shutter speed in M mode, ISO, exposure compensation and maybe a few other things. The on-off lever has a third position "locK" which disables the wheel in some circumstances.

Canon is clunky, though I suppose you'd get used to it if it was all you used. I have not "gotten" it yet...Pentax is way more ergonomic.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, change the shutter, pentax help, shutter