Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
Mike Burtzlaff

Pentax Warranty support

Hello,

I purchased a Pentax K5 from B&H three years ago, and I recently had to send my camera in for a second warranty service (mirror flop). The combination of Pentax and Precision Camera have been holding my camera hostage for over a month, and refusing to make warranty repairs unless I pay up to $630 (almost enough to buy a K3!), despite over a dozen phone calls. I have spoken to every person at the Pentax call center, and probably everyone at the Precision Camera repair facility. Everyone refuses to give me their last name. I have also specifically asked for the contact information of a Vice President of Customer Service that I could reach out to in attempt to remedy this situation. I was wondering if B&H can share the name and contact information of a senior person at Pentax/Ricoh to whom I can escalate my issue. My camera is primarily a means of capturing moments in the life of my family (three kids 6, 3, and 1). I have already missed Halloween, Thanksgiving, a trip to Disney World, and more. Now it looks like I will miss Christmas as well unless I can get some expedited help from Pentax.

Thank you for your help!

Mike Burtzlaff

Last edited by Adam; 12-10-2014 at 12:51 PM. Reason: email address
12-10-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
Site Supporter

With some of the crazy good deals going on...at some point repairing the thing will become counter productive to just buying a new one. Just saying.
12-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Did you purchase the extended warranty otherwise the warranty period is only one year from purchase date.

Also did you supply copies proof of purchase date and warranty card?
QuoteQuote:
This warranty card will not to be re-issued. Please keep this card along with your original or copy of purchase receipt, and provide both to obtain the limited warranty service during the warranty period.
Product Repair & Service - RICOH Imaging
Otherwise they will issue a repair estimate. Precision doesn't charge your card until after the work is completed and it is shipped or ready for shipping. They may just require you to approve the estimate to complete the work under warranty and in that case you will only be charged for shipping.

You can always file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or State Consumer Protection Agency. Implied Warrantied as defined by your state may apply.