Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
BJB

Blue cast

I have a new K50 with the standard 18-55 lens. My photos are coming out bright blue - the colour of skies and sheets of water (and our front door) is really distorted. If there is nothing blue on the picture I'm taking the colours seem accurate, though a bit bright for my taste. Have I set something wrong or is there a fault on the camera?

02-17-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BJB Quote
I have a new K50 with the standard 18-55 lens. My photos are coming out bright blue - the colour of skies and sheets of water (and our front door) is really distorted. If there is nothing blue on the picture I'm taking the colours seem accurate, though a bit bright for my taste. Have I set something wrong or is there a fault on the camera?
Sounds like you have the white balance set incorrectly.
02-17-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You camera supports several different JPEG modes. A few of those are fairly garish and it is possible you have accidentally set your camera to one of those. See page 157 in your manual. As noted above, you might also have the white balance set to other than Auto.

Steve
02-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #4
BJB

Thank you

What prompt replies. I'll get on to that straight away.

02-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It sounds like you may have set the WB to tungsten (usually for indoor lighting) and forgot about it. Some people do that, but most would keep it at auto-WB.