Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #1
Saraipenchan

Spoilt the Pin on SMC Takumar

I'd just gotten a really good deal on an SMC Takumar lens for my Spotmatic F, and it came with the clutch set to manual mode. I'd read somewhere that on a Spottie F, SMC lenses should always be set to auto (true?) so I decided to depress the small pin at the back of the lens to switch it over to auto mode. Somehow, I depressed it far too much (using a needle) and caused the tiny little pin to go all the way through and into the lens, and I don't know how to get it out. Do I have to take it out and put the pin back where it belongs or will my lens and camera work fine this way? I'm a newbie at this and would have to take it to a camera technician..

03-28-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, that's right. But the diaphragm is controlled by a clutch on the lens, rather than the pin. The pin just prevents the clutch from being moved when the lens isn't mounted on the camera, so you should be good to go with it depressed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #3
Saraipenchan

Adam - That's great to hear, I was really worried for a while. Seeing as many people seem to be irritated about the clutch being impossible to move while mounted, this little screw-up of mine might turn out to be a good thing after all

Also, thank you so much for the prompt reply. What a great forum!