Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Mitch Alexander

Albinar 52mm lenses

I have three Albinar lenses. (2) 0.25x Wide Angle w/ macro and (1) 2x Telephoto. I am very new to photography and these are the first lenses I bought. How or where can I get an adaptor for these to attach to my Pentax K100?

04-11-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 2x telephoto is more than likely not a lens but a teleconverter. I don't know about the wideangle (sounds like something that you screw on the front of the lens, but I might be totally wrong).

Can you post some pictures?
04-12-2015, 02:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Could those lenses be used by mounting on the front instead of the back of existing Pentax lens like a filter? just curious....if so, then it depends on the filter size.
04-12-2015, 02:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

A lens will have a focal length in mm (or some older ones in cm), like 50mm or 200mm or 18-35mm. What you bought is 2x and 0,25x, and I think those are just things that you screw onto the lens and it will change the lens' focal length to be 2x as big, or possibly wider with the other one. So a 100mm lens with 2x becomes 200mm. But beware, as these teleconverters will affect the image quality. Any teleconverter will make the image less defined, less sharp, less contrasty, and can introduce flare, aberrations. You should put these teleconverters on your best lens, otherwise the image quality might be so bad it will be useless.
Anyway, these things probably have an O with a line through it and a number next to it. This denotes the radius of the filter threads needed for a simple attachment of the converter. In your case, this appears to be 52mm, so you can put it on any lens with a 52mm filter thread. You just screw it onto the very end of the lens, the end facing away from the camera into the real world. If your lens doesn't have 52mm threads (it usually says on the lens somewhere, or at least in the lens reviews section on this website) you can buy step up or step down rings to bridge the gap.
Oh, when you screw this thing into your lens, make sure the back of the Albinar is not touching or bumping into the front glass element of the lens. You don't want to ruin your lens and teleconverter by rubbing them together. Some lenses have a protruding front element, but not all. It shouldn't be a problem for most lenses, but still

If you need more help or if I got things wrong, please post two photos from different angles of those teleconverters and tell us which lenses you already have. I haven't actually seen what you have, I am just guessing from the description you gave. Hope this helps. If it works out, feel free to get a membership on these forums and maybe post some photos

tl;dr: You cannot attach those things directly to camera, but you can attach them to the lens. Just screw it on. Not too tight, so you can take it off again, but not so loose that it falls off. Use step up, step down rings if your good lenses do not have the right filter threads diameter

Last edited by Na Horuk; 04-12-2015 at 02:49 AM.