Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Savage1

ist d-will not go to menu

Hello-I have an IST D that does not seem to be working correctly. I have replaced the main and backup batteries. When I turn the camera on it goes to the setup screen for date/time etc. In this mode I am unable to move the cursor or make any settings. I should be able to skip this by pushing the Menu button which should put it in shoot mode, but this does not work either. It seems the other adjustments and buttons are all working-I just cant get out of the set date and time screen--any ideas?

06-15-2015, 03:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Try removing the battery, turn the power switch to on, and hold the shutter button down for a minute or so. This usually drains all capacitors or small internal batteries within the camera for some models of DSLR cameras, but I am not entirely sure if it will work for your specific Pentax. It may worth a try, since this trick would work on Sony DSLRs.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, menu, mode, pentax help