Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 01:22 PM   #1
Possible Pentax User

When will the K3II be available?

I thought that it was suppose to be out, but B&H says Pre-order on their website.

07-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Here's one.

Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body 16160
07-26-2015, 01:32 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's been out for a while, but due to the recent QC issues B&H is currently awaiting new stock.

If you don't need the GPS/pixel shifting, I'd recommend going for the classic K-3 instead. It's literally the same camera except for those features

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-26-2015, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

And as I understand it, Pixel Shift is really only something one should use when the camera is tripod mounted or mount and when the subject is perfectly still. Even a little bit of motion from the camera or subject will result in a negative effect on picture quality in PShift mode. So unless you plan to do studio work or shoot with a tripod and still subjects, you won't derive any real benefit from Pixel Shift.

07-28-2015, 06:42 AM   #5
Possible Pentax User

Thanks for the information

Thanks alamo5000 for the link. I hope that they do not have defective ones as mentioned by Adam. I shall contact them to see if the listed is old stock or new stock.

Thanks Adam for the information on the K3. I kinda like the idea of being able to capture stars at night when backpacking.

Thanks ripper2860 for the information on Pixel Shift.

Thanks everybody for your input.