Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
danilo

GR firmware made settings invisible

I just bought a new (old version) GR and I am learning my first steps with it, I just upgraded to firmware 4.00 it was 2.3 I think when I got it yestrrday.

Now after the firmaware, I go in the menu to change the Adj level setting and also to change the Fn buttons and after setting the new choices, I go back and try it and nothing at all shows in the Fn 1 button, as for the Adj level out of five only a few show, and only selected: what I mean for instance if I select in the menu ISO for any of the five Adj level settings, the ISO do not show in any of the five. if I select Continuos shoting, it will show. is this a known problem with the firmware ? is the camera broken, or faulty? when I got it from the store, yesterday and I was palying with what it was there , all the setting presetted where there, now after the upgrade.....
Is there a work arouond?

I just downloaded the firmware again and re installed it again, turn the camera off and on and again some settings do not show at all no matter what.

thanks

08-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't have a GR so hopefully someone else will provide more help. But on some cameras if you are in 'Green mode' or whatever the fully automatic mode is not all settings are available. See if that helps, if not hopefully someone else more knowledgeable can help.
08-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Yeah I think depending on the mode dial setting you can have different menu options. Also the GR doesnt like all SD cards, so some of them can present some issues too.