Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #1
charles brown

stuck in black and white

Camera is taking in black and white. Even with manual can't figure out how to get back to normal color.

08-07-2015, 08:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It would help us help you if you told us which camera this is that's stuck in black and white mode.
08-07-2015, 09:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Sounds like you have the black & white digital filter turned on. But as Photolady says without knowing what camera you have, kinda hard to tell how to reset it.
08-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by charles brown Quote
Camera is taking in black and white. Even with manual can't figure out how to get back to normal color.
It's either a digital filter or (more likely) the custom image profile. Go into the record menu, select custom image, and change it back to Bright. Sometimes custom image is also accessible via the up button on the 4-way pad, which could lead to settings changes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

08-09-2015, 12:30 PM   #5

I have done this on my K5. Pressing the right button on the 4-way pad enters the custom image screen. One selection is monochrome. Sometimes this will cause previously taken images to be monochrome on my screen until I change back to a color selection.