Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Becca

Scene (SCN) Mode Menu Disappeared in Q7

In my Pentax Q7, when I turn the dial to SCN for Scene mode the SCN mode menu has stopped appearing. It used to appear every time I set the dial to SCN. But I'm no longer able to choose from the SCN mode options, which is frustrating as I am a beginner and would like to use these options. I'm attempting a firmware update (V1.00 to V1.01) to see if this helps. If anyone has any insight on which settings I can adjust to make the SCN menu reappear, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Becca

08-30-2015, 12:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just for grins reset all options back to factory defaults.
08-30-2015, 01:08 PM   #3
Veteran Member

With the dial on SCN, press the 'Info' button, then use the 4-way buttons to highlight the SCN tile. Use the e-dial to run through scene modes or press 'OK' to select a scene icon.
08-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by First Poster Quote
I'm attempting a firmware update (V1.00 to V1.01) to see if this helps.
Thats a good place to start.
Also, which lens are you using? I think with some adapted lenses the SCN modes might not be available

08-31-2015, 08:55 AM   #5
Becca

It was the quick dial

Thanks for the replies, everyone. It turns out it was the Quick Dial on the front of the camera. It was turned to 1, and I set it back to the dot. When Quick Dial was set to 1, the SCN menu had disappeared and instead was showing the P menu. Once I returned the Quick Dial to the dot, my SCN menu returned. I spent the afternoon shooting in the mountains using different SCN modes.